Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 63 ~ Sunday Hop of the Week ~ CrestFest and PhotoVille

Busy Saturday - with two events, dragging my friend Aimee to accompany me. I have been looking forward to these events for a while.

Crest Fest, a hardware inspired art show,where one feels like a treasure hunter going up and down the aisles of the Crest Hardware store, pleasantly surprised at every turn by art hidden in between hardware products. Proceeds from the event benefit the City Reliquary Museum.

Crest Fest, Brooklyn NY
Enjoy some of my favorites of the day ....




Photoville, described as a large scale Photographic village built from shipping containers is right up my alley. Getting off the East River Ferry, we walked the new park starting in DUMBO and ending up underneath the Brooklyn Heights promenade. Along the route, we were impressed by the views and The Fence - amazing photos displayed in a new, novel way.
Meandering in and out of the containers was so fun even though the heat was almost unbearable. The highlight of my day was meeting one of my most favorite, inspiring photographers -  Russell Frederick!

The Fence, Photoville 
DUMBO, NYC
Take a look a some of my favorites...

No comments:

Post a Comment