Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Photog of the Month ~ Jim McKinniss

I met Jim on a few photography groups on Facebook and was immediately struck by Jim's exploratory vision. He posted a few nude self portraits that created a big stir among other group members and I immediately sent him a message of support. I loved the fact that he created an image that sparked a heated discussion about the validity of nude males vs. nude females. Jim's soulful, artful eye has continually pushed me to explore my own photography. And to that, I am hugely grateful.

When I asked Jim to tell me a bit about himself, he commented, "I don't know what to say about myself except that I'm a retired mathematician and software consultant. I've got almost no formal training in photography except for a few classes on the basics of photography and photoshop.

Neither my father or grandfather gave me a camera when I was a boy. (grin) I didn't take up photography seriously until about 7 years ago.

For me photography is an adventure of discovery and I'm continually experimenting with techniques and ideas most of which are not very successful."

Not sure about the successful part, Jim! As you told me in the past, "Art doesn't have to be loved by everyone." Evoking a reaction, positive or negative, becomes a success!

Self Portraits

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss




Horse Impressions Series
© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss




LA Streets - Early Morning Homeless Series
© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

© Jim McKinniss

See more of Jim McKinniss's work here:

Thank you Jim!





No comments:

Post a Comment