Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 138 ~ Photog of the Month ~ Pamela Maret

I met Pam virtually through one of my favorite groups on Facebook - Show Me Your NYC. Her images have always reminded me of what I love about NYC. They have a NYC 70's vibe to them, which I love!

Then I met her for real on a photo walk on the High Line and her smile was awfully contagious! She told me that when her youngest daughter left for college in 2010, she sold her empty nest and everything in it . She moved from the suburbs of Charlotte, North Carolina to New York City.

"I didn't know anyone here, had never ridden a subway or a city bus, and hadn't even visited the city in over 20 years. I showed up with my clothes and my shoes and figured it out. It has been a fascinating experience for me, and photography has proven to be an excellent way to share my fascination and love of this amazing city and the diverse people living here."


And, in honor of buying my first iphone, I wanted to feature a photographer who uses her iphone to create such beautiful, emotive photographs with her iphone. I can only aspire to create images half as good with mine. Pam says, "It's way easier to grab people shots with, rather than my big ol canon!"

enjoy... 
waiting © Pamela Maret

copper © Pamela Maret

birdman © Pamela Maret

shelter © Pamela Maret


47 % © Pamela Maret
shaft © Pamela Maret

You can find Pamela at https://www.facebook.com/talentbistro

Give her a LIKE on her new business venture - Talent Bistro

No comments:

Post a Comment